In January 2020, Toyota recalled certain vehicles to address issues with ZF-TRW ACUs. The proposed settlement totals $78.5 million in cash and credits and provides for compensation and other benefits to eligible current and former owners and lessees of recalled vehicles, as well as the opportunity to claim compensation for vehicles that were not included in the recall. These benefits include:
- Reimbursement for certain out-of-pocket expenses related to the recall
- Potential Residual Distribution payments of up to $250 for all qualifying vehicles, including those that were not part of the recall
- An extended new parts warranty for recalled vehicles that complete the recall
- A vehicle inspection program
- An outreach program to provide additional notification of the Recall; and
- A potential rental car reimbursement, loaner vehicle and outreach program for any related future ZF-TRW ACU recall(s) affecting the unrecalled vehicles.
You may be included in the Settlement Class if you own, lease, or previously owned or leased a Qualifying Vehicle as of July 31, 2023
The following entities and individuals are excluded from the Class:
- Toyota, its officers, directors, employees, and outside counsel; its affiliates and affiliates’ officers, directors, and employees; its distributors and distributors’ officers and directors, and Toyota’s Dealers and their officers and directors;
- Settlement Class Counsel, Plaintiffs’ counsel, and their employees;
- Judicial officers and their immediate family members and associated court staff assigned to this case; and
- Persons or entities who or which timely and properly exclude themselves from the Class.
You may be eligible for settlement benefits if you own, lease, or previously owned or leased (in the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and all other United States territories and/or possession) a:
- 2011–2019 Toyota Corolla;
- 2011–2013 Toyota Corolla Matrix
- 2012–2018 Toyota Avalon
- 2013–2018 Toyota Avalon HV
- 2012–2019 Toyota Tacoma
- 2012–2017 Toyota Tundra
- 2012–2017 Toyota Sequoia
The Claims Deadline is yet to be determined but will be no earlier than December 16, 2026.