Settlement Class for all Settlement Agreements
- All persons and entities in the United States who, during the period from April 1, 2002, through February 28, 2014, purchased one or more Electrolytic Capacitor(s) from a distributor (or from an entity other than a Defendant) that a Defendant or alleged co-conspirator manufactured.
Second Settlement Class Included in the Panasonic Settlement Agreement
- All persons and entities in the United States who, during the period from January 1, 2002, through February 28, 2014, purchased one or more Film Capacitor(s) from a distributor (or from an entity other than a Defendant) that a Defendant or alleged co-conspirator manufactured.
- Excluded from the foregoing Classes are Defendants, their parent companies, subsidiaries, and Affiliates, any co-conspirators, Defendants’ attorneys in this case, federal government entities and instrumentalities, states and their subdivisions, all judges assigned to the case, all jurors in the case, and all persons and entities who directly purchased Capacitors from a Defendant.
Capacitors store electric charges between one or more pairs of conductors separated by an insulator and are present in most electronic products.
- Electrolytic, Aluminum Tantalum and/or Film Capacitors are covered by this lawsuit.
- Industries that may have purchased qualifying products or could be affected by these settlements are those such as information and telecommunications, audiovisual, and electronic games companies.
District of Columbia